[Tfug] Remote shell app

Tyler Kilian TKilian at DakotaCom.NET
Thu Jul 28 21:53:28 MST 2005

It sounds like you want to be able to access the machine remotely when
it's crashed.  In order to do this, you need either an IP KVM, or a
serial console set up on your PC.  On a Sun machine, serial console
will grant you full BIOS-type access to the box.  On a PC, I don't
believe that is the case, such that if you're sitting at a "hit F1 to
continue" prompt, you won't get anywhere with a PC.  However, an IP KVM
would allow you to connect from an Internet connection anywhere and be
just as if you're at the keyboard and mouse.