[Tfug] Remote shell app

t takahashi gambarimasu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 21:39:24 MST 2005

On 7/28/05, Steven Bowers <steveb7 at bblabs.net> wrote:
> Need a little bit of help on this one. What app or other tools exist for
> remote mgmt of a *NIX box? Problem - when the box is not accessible via
> the Internet, how can I dial into it, get a shell, and reboot or run
> some other command? I've googled but I'm not finding what I'm looking
> for and suspect I just don't have the right keywords.

if you mean via modem, try 'linux modem'.

if you mean that your web server crashed, the canonical approach is to
install ssh and do 'man ssh'.  however, something like 'linux "remote
management"' might get you something more graphical or more
commercial.

perhaps you're only partly aware that the web is only part of what the
internet does.

--
Webmaster: do you believe that people will switch browsers to view
your page instead of going to your competitor?