[Tfug] New laptop recommendations

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Mon Jul 25 17:41:19 MST 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 05:28:46PM -0700, Adrian wrote:

>HP nx6125 -
>~$1400 1.8GHz AMD Turion64 M34, 1GB 60GB 15" DVD+-RW WSXGA, seems like a heck
>of a deal. Battery performance is said to be good, has a nifty fingerprint
>scanner builtin, but it doesn;t have a serial port.......
>
>Adrian

Is a USB->serial dongle out of the question?  I use them under Linux all the
time and they've always worked great.  Getting them to work in Windows can be
a bit trying, though...

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, Steward Observatory, U of Arizona
                        johng at as.arizona.edu
Try Weasel Reader for PalmOS  --  http://gutenpalm.sf.net
of my enemies!"
        --Sam of Sam & Max