[Tfug] SIP/VoIP in Linux

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Wed Jul 20 18:25:04 MST 2005

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 10:57:30AM -0700, Harry McGregor wrote:

>> What SIP type services have you found to work well in Linux?  I intend to
>> begin using one in the not too distant future.  I'll need both SIP->PSTN and
>> PSTN->SIP functionality.  I'd like SIP since it's open and that leaves some
>> leeway for changing programs later without abandoning service/number.
>
>I would look at TelIAX.  I have a prepaid pay as you go account that we
>have been working with, and it works well.  The monthly for a DID is
>about $5.

Thanks Harry, this is just what I was looking for.  And they seem to have a
very large number of available area codes, including the two I care about.

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, Steward Observatory, U of Arizona
                        johng at as.arizona.edu
Try Weasel Reader for PalmOS  --  http://gutenpalm.sf.net
of my enemies!"
        --Sam of Sam & Max