[Tfug] DSL Problem

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Mon Jul 18 12:20:20 MST 2005

At 11:20 AM 7/18/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>I had this exact problem, with the GT-401 (or something like that,
>where it also worked as a wireless AP. The workaround was to change the
>configuration in the net scripts (I'm using gentoo, so I'm no longer
>sure what FC3 does) to explicitly set the /etc/resolv.conf information.

While I've not tried editing the resolv.conf file directly, I did so twice
indirectly via Gnome's network config interface.  Both times something
reset this file to show the modem as the primary DNS.  I'll try editing
this directly, but I'm not optimistic.

I do agree that this is the likely culprit, but I don't know how to keep
the DNS specifications nailed down.

Thanks.
Jim