[Tfug] DSL Problem

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Mon Jul 18 10:37:43 MST 2005

At 10:23 AM 7/18/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>What is served to the XP and Mac machines via DHCP ?
>
>Is the modem the primary DNS for those machines as well ?

I'll have to check the settings on the XP machines when I get home, and I
only tried to get DNS server info on the iMac via the GUI, which didn't
show the DNS machine IP addresses (looked like it was whatever the DHCP
server told it).  I set up the XP settings long enough ago that I don't
remember if I hand-entered the ISP-provided DNS addresses or if DHCP is
doing this.

One other thing I plan to try tonight, if it will work, is to run ethereal
while I'm accessing the Internet from the OS X system.  Does ethereal work
like snoop in that it can watch all packets on the LAN?

Jim