[Tfug] PGP

Matt Stump mstump at pgp.com
Wed Jul 6 01:14:06 MST 2005

I was once a member of the TFUG community before moving out to the
bay area for employment at PGP.  I have often thought to myself when
attempting to fill some of our open positions that if I could just
convince some of the people from TFUG to move out here my search
would be over.  So what the hell, lets give it a try.  We have two
open positions one for a GNU/Linux developer and one in QA.  The QA
spot is what I'm primarily concerned with.  You would be part of a
team doing QA work on a Linux based server product, with a heavy
focus on email and encryption.  Most decent sysadmin types would have
no problems fitting in or doing the work.

Some of the desired skills are:
   -Basic understanding of SQL
   -Basic understanding of Apache.
   -Basic understanding of encryption both symmetric and asymmetric
   -Not afraid to compile a kernel (you would be surprised how rare
this is)
   -Good grasp of networks, routing, subnets etc...
   -Not afraid to break out a packet sniffer and figure out what is
going on.
   -Have administered email and DNS servers
   -Basic shell scripting abilities
   -Have worked with iptables/ipchains
   -Perl/Python is a plus.

The url for the posting is:
http://www.recruitforce.com/NA3/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?
org=PGP&cws=1&rid=46

The only stipulation is that you have got to be willing to move out
here.  If I know you, or you can get a recommendation from some the
legacy TFUGers (Harry, Nick, Goldarg, Justin, Kyle etc...) then
that's an added bonus.  You can forward your resume directly to me.
Anyway thanks for putting up with my spam.

Matt Stump
QA Engineer
PGP Corporation
3460 West Bayshore Road