[Tfug] Image custom install onto CD(s)

Adrian choprboy at dakotacom.net
Fri Jul 1 11:42:16 MST 2005

On Friday 01 July 2005 10:41, Eric Cross wrote:
> The link is correct, and it looks like Mondo should provide me exactly
> what I'm looking for.   Thanks for the info!

For your info... Redhat also includes a utility called kickstart. After you've
installed a system, it makes an install log and configuration file in root's
home. Using the kickstart utility, you can make a kickstart configuration
file based on the system you just installed (and change IP/hostname/etc.).
Throw the kickstart file in the root directory of the installation CD you
burn or on a floppy and the installation process automatically reads it and
installs a like system, prompting only for information that wasn't supplied
in the kickstart file.

Adrian