[Tfug] hex wep key

Jim Smith elemint at linuxmail.org
Mon May 10 15:41:18 MST 2004

I am trying to conigure a Debian box to access an actiontec GT701 DSL Gateway/AP and when I configure the ActionTec GT701 for a 128 bit hex key the AP will not acccept the key.

It is noted in the manual that the 128 bit key is 13 hex pairs.  I have done that several times but every time it is reported as not being a good key.

Do I need to leave the spaces when I type it into the field,  and how can I confirm that the key is valid?

I basically used a scientific calculator and got 13 2 digit numbers and converted each of them from dec to hex not sure if that is the best way to do this ...

Jim