[Tfug] Re: T30

Robert Zeigler rdzeigle at u.arizona.edu
Wed Dec 31 11:48:55 MST 2003

Jerry S. wrote:

>Hello Tucson,
>
>  The kernel module directory is located:
>  /lib/modules/<kernelversion>/ i.e.: /lib/modules/2.4.20-27.9/
>
>  There isn't an included prism2 module from what I can see in the
>  wireless stuff, just cisco and orinoco (both of which are what I
>  have used.)
>
>  Here is a link to prebuilt and source rpms for RH9 for linux-wlan-ng
>  drivers.  I have not tested or used these though so I don't know how
>  good it is.
>  http://prism2.unixguru.raleigh.nc.us/
>
>  Hope that helps a bit.
>  jer

I'm using the linux-wlan-ng prism2 driver right now for my proxim
harmony, prism2 based card.
It works well.  The one thing to note is that wlan-ng drivers create the
wireless interfaces as wlan0, wlan1, etc.
instead of eth0, eth1, etc.
It also uses the wlancfg command to configure the wireless options,
instead of iwconfig.

Robert