[Tfug] Serial modems for remote administration

Harry McGregor micros at osef.org
Tue Dec 30 15:31:44 MST 2003

Console or PPP?

Console only, you should be able to setup getty to listen to
/dev/ttyS(x) on your Linux box (don't know the OBSD device names).

Something like this in your /etc/inittab

T3:23:respawn:/sbin/mgetty -x0 -s 57600 ttyS3

		Harry

On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 15:20, Steve Bowers wrote:
> I've been googling most of the morning and have not found a good resource
> for this yet. Would someone have a resource for using an external modem
> attached to an OBSD or Linux box for remote mgmt? I'd like to be able to
> dial-in to the box when problems arise.
>
> Steve
Harry McGregor, CEO, Co-Founder
Hmcgregor at osef.org, (520) 661-7875 (CELL)
Open Source Education Foundation, http://www.osef.org
A non-profit tax exempt charitable organization