[Tfug] Snort compilation errors

Neil Short neshort at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 28 23:04:48 MST 2003

I'm thinking it's a port problem, or a library that is
supposed to be installed seems to be missing. What I
generally do when I see this is to see if I can find a
package of the port - or track down what port owns the
file stdint.h and update it. My familiarity is mostly
FreeBSD and this track may be incorrect. I'm also not
sitting at my box. If I were, I'd do a search for
stdint.h and see if it exists somewhere.
--- Steve Bowers <steveb7 at bblabs.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to compile Snort 2.1.0 from source on
> OpenBSD 3.4, but I'm
> getting errors. The "./configure" script runs
> without error, but "make" is
> generating the following:
>
> In file included from util_net.c:16:
> util_net.h:14: stdint.h: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/net/snort-2.1.0/src/sfutil.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/net/snort-2.1.0/src (line 260 of
> Makefile).
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/net/snort-2.1.0 (line 216 of
> Makefile).
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/net/snort-2.1.0 (line 112 of
> Makefile).
>
> I've looked at the lines mentioned but nothing jumps
> out at me. Would
> someone have an idea what this is trying to tell me?
>

> Steve

=====
The restriction of knowledge to an elite group destroys the spirit of society and leads to its intellectual impoverishment. - Albert Einstein