[Tfug] Thursday night meeting.

Sam Hart hart at physics.arizona.edu
Thu Dec 18 08:35:58 MST 2003

* On 03-12-18, Neil Short wrote:

> --- Harry McGregor <micros at osef.org> wrote:
> > Ok, that means that we need an emergency
> > presentation...
> >
> > Topics that have been proposed (grouped as single
> > night presentation
> > sets)

> > 	Digital Video Recording
> > 		Myth TV
> > 		Others?
> >

> video encoding with mencoder (popular codecs) or
> conversion to mpeg.

I dont have a presentation on it, but I have done numerous encodings with
mencoder...

However, I don't know anything about conversion to MPEG (which is
something I'd LOVE to know how to do... I want to convert my MJPEG+MP3
files into MPEG VCDs ;-)

Personally, if someone was willing to do a Myth TV or Freevo presentation,
that would be my vote ;-)

Other than that, if I could get net access and the ability to project
things onto that big projection board thingy, and people were interested
I'd be willing to cobble together something about my anti-spam/viral
gateway that I teach in my class:
 http://www.geekcomix.com/cgi-bin/classnotes/wiki.pl?Setting_Up_An_Anti-SPAM_Gateway

--
Sam Hart