[Tfug] Exchange Mail

Claude Rubinson rubinson at email.arizona.edu
Fri Dec 12 10:26:53 MST 2003

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 08:25:53AM -0700, David Spitzer wrote:
> What are those choices for (if any) for a client that will connect
> to a MS exchange server -- I don't want to have to run vmware just
> for outlook

As others have said, it depends upon your needs.  But if you're just
talking about replacing most or all of Outlook's functionality
(including email, calendaring, contact management, etc), I believe
that you're pretty much reduced to (a) Evolution with the Crossover
Connector (which I've had no experience with) or (b) using Exchange's
Webmail interface (which, while not great, ain't that bad).

As others have said, if your needs are more limited (e.g., just
email), your options open up a bit, depending upon how your admin has
configured Exchange.

Claude