[Tfug] Looks like Microsoft is really getting greedy.

Neil Short neshort at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 20:30:12 MST 2003

Bummer.
We all should have known not to treat FAT as a
"universal" file system. It sure is handy since
everything supports it.

I use a fat32 partition to move files between ext2 and
UFS (FreeBSD). Mounting UFS from Linux and mounting
EXT2 from FreeBSD are each a pain in the neck.

However, I suspect EXT2 is the most likely candidate
for a free replacement to FAT.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0312/03120403microsoftisfat.asp

>  /Amateur Radio KC5DWB              /
> LINUX                /
> /Twisted pair (520) 292-0551       /The choice of
> the GNU generation /

=====
The restriction of knowledge to an elite group destroys the spirit of society and leads to its intellectual impoverishment. - Albert Einstein