[Tfug] OT: Hacker Slang

Eduardo Bernal breetai at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Dec 3 05:58:36 MST 2003

Yeah, I always called it "E-T-C" until I took a class and heard the old
sysadmin teaching the course say "et-c" (and where I learned that /etc
stands for "enviroment tables and controls" and the /usr stands for
"unix system resources"). I've never heard it called "f-stab", only
"f-s-tab". So now when I upgrade my hard disk I can f-stab myself in the
back.

--
You'd better beat it.  You can leave in a taxi.  If you can't get a
taxi, you can leave in a huff.  If that's too soon, you can leave in a