[Tfug] OT: Hacker Slang

Anthony Steckman humbl at elitemail.org
Wed Dec 3 02:01:16 MST 2003

I learned "et-see" and "F-stab" and "vie" by listening to others who
belong to this list. As each of the three people in mind have more real
world work experience with computers than I, I immediately adopted those
pronunciations.

Incidentally, this highlights one of the benefits of belonging to user
groups. :-) I never would have heard any of those words spoken if I
hadn't attended various UG gatherings.

I suppose other means to the same end would include going to school or
getting a job... I guess I sidestepped those land mines!

:-D