[Tfug] ipchains question

Mike Morrell tfug@tfug.org
Mon Sep 30 19:05:02 2002

  Quick ipchains question.  How would I define a rule that blocked
outbound SMTP on my local network (192.168.0.0/24) for packets trying to
connect to any external address?  The firewall is of course nat'ing the
packets.  I tried making a rule for the local network interface but it
did not work.  Since the packets are being routed through to the
external IP the rule does not stop them (it sees them as coming from the
external IP).  I can not just block all SMTP because I need mail to get
out from my server on the internal network.

Thanks in advance,

Mike