[Tfug] Loading Linux on Sparc 10

Mark Hildabrand tfug@tfug.org
Fri Sep 27 15:59:01 2002

jer --

I have a feeling I mucked up the download.  I used jigdo for the first time
and ended up with a 596M iso file which I burned to a CD (double-clicked on
the file and it wrote itself to the CD).
On the Sparc, I did a Stop-a, then boot cdrom.  At the next prompt, I should
just have to hit enter to load the OS, but that's when I get the can't find
sparc64 error.  If I type rescue Linux loads, but once I've used fdisk to
create a sunlabel partition I'm pretty much stuck, because the install
process stops at that point.

I don't see a /boot on the CD (BTW--I'm really new to all this Linux stuff
and using Sun H/W isn't helping--it's sort of like the first time I ever sat
in front of a PC), so I'm not even sure I have all the S/W I need on the
disk.

Mark