[Tfug] Looking for a roommate

Cory Jon Hollingsworth tfug@tfug.org
Thu Sep 26 12:40:01 2002

    This is really off topic.  Or is it?

    I need a roommate to help me make the mortgage (been laid off).  And
I think I have a good chance of finding someone compatible through this
group.

    What I'm offering:
Private facilities:
* A 10x11' room in a 1100 sq. ft house.  Bedroom door has key lock and
room has a cable hook up.

Shared facilities include:
* 640x256 DSL either raw internet or through NAT firewall.  You choose.
* Shared access to a couple of Linux systems.
* Laundry facilities.
* 5 person spa/whirlpool.
* Weight room with olympic weights, adjustable bench, and squat rack.
 I'll spot for you if your interested in working out.
* 1 bath room, would be 2 but the master bath needs repair.
* Kitchen with fridge, range oven, garbage disposal, and small microwave.
* Back yard is nearly 1 acre in size and is unlandscaped desert.

I can optionally offer a:
* single bed.
* Private use of a PIII computer.  Right now it has Linux on it, but you
can install what ever you want.
* Shared access to a couple of existing Linux systems.
* car port.  I'd just park my rust bucket out back.
* Free to redecorate the room as you like.  Some day I plan on
remodelling all the rooms in the house any way, so modifcations to the
room, painting, rewiring, etc. is no big deal to me.

House location:
Just south of Oro Valley, East of Oracle Rd.

House construction/condition:
* 1979 slump block.
* Little run down and could use some updating.  Will be updating as I
can afford to.  Highly liveable though.
* Heated by gas.
* Cooled by evaporative cooling.
* House is basically unfurnished as I don't really own any furniture.

Proposed bottom line.
* You pay $500/month.
* I pay for utilities including gas, electricity, water, garbage, local
telephone, DSL, and ISP.
* You want cable, you pay for it.

    An exception might be made if for instance you want to run a 10 node
Beowulf cluster of P4's out of your room 24hrs a day.  Then I might ask
for compensation on the electricity bill.

    I'm a pretty easy going guy.  30 yrs of age, been doing Unix
programming for the last 7 years.  Haven't been to a TFUG meeting in a
year though.  Work just got too hectic.  Plan on starting attendance again.

    Any one interested or know of someone who would think I offer geek
heaven let me know.

    Thanks.

    Cory Hollingsworth