[Tfug] OBSD as an SMTP/POP3 proxy

tfug@tfug.org tfug@tfug.org
Sat Sep 21 00:30:01 2002

I'm interested in adding a mail proxy function to my firewall so that I can scan incoming email for virii and to reduce some of the spam. I did some research on Google and found Sendmail with libmilter, Spam Assassin and MIME Defang have the features Im looking for. I know Sendmail is not the easiest to setup and I don't want to be an open relay for someone else. The question? Is there an alternative to Sendmail that can provide these functions and the setup is well  documented?  Alternatively is there a guide for Sendmail geared to the SMTP novice? I looked at the Sendmail book by Oreilly and Sendmail's website but found that the book is out of date and aspects of Sendmail have changed since the books last printing.

Steve