[Tfug] (Fwd) What's your favorite OS?

Jim Secan tfug@tfug.org
Tue Sep 17 09:26:01 2002

At 11:33 PM 09/16/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Himmm....  well the oldest OS I have worked with is probably VMS (not sure

Oldest OS I used was CDC's Compass back in the late '60s at Kitt Peak,
although I cut my teeth on Univac's big-iron OS and IBM's JCL in the '70s.
Earliest PC-like OS was DOS 3.11 on an old Zenith Z-150 with a 10MB HD.
(Sixteen years later, my mother still uses that system with DOS Word 3.x as
her typerwriter.)  Favorite OS has been Unix (since 1990), but it's fast
moving towards Linux.

JIm
| Jim Secan           | Northwest Research Assoc, Inc |
| (jim@nwra-az.com)   | 2455 E. Speedway, Suite 203   |
| (520) 319-7773      | Tucson, Arizona 85719         |
|    Space Weather Info: http://www.nwra-az.com/      |