[Tfug] Can't start kde as a user

Jeremy Gregorio tfug@tfug.org
Sat Sep 14 19:24:02 2002

    I just finished using Redhat's up2date to update my kernel so I
could run the new Nvidia driver. Everything seemed fine, but after
rebooting I can no longer get into kde by running startx when I'm logged
in as my normal user. It works fine if I'm logged in as root though. I
tried disabling the nvidia driver in XFConfig-4, that didn't help. If I
run startx as my normal user, I do get as far as the nvidia splash
screen though, so I think it's a kde problem. I tried moving the .kde
folder, but that didn't help. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks again.

Jeremy Gregorio