[Tfug] Unauthorized Intrusion

erich tfug@tfug.org
Fri Sep 13 08:42:01 2002

   That's what people's seem to be discussing in a lot of messages recently.
It gets complicated, (at least for me). I only have a ppp dialup line with
a dynamic address given to me by my ISP, (dakotacom.net), and I STILL see
intrusion attempts in my security logs.

   You guys with the fast computers and broadband connections that stay
online all the time have a much larger security issue. They intrude in your
computer to:

     1) Try to steal your identity and trash your credit rating.

     2) Exploit your machine to launch SYN attacks.

     3) Use your machine as a proxy to send SPAM.

   I see a discussion about a S/W package called Actiontec.

What's the matter with   http://www.e-infomax.com/ipmasq/?
    (I downloaded the documentation from that and I'm still trying to
read it)

Is there such a thing as Security against Unauthorized Intrusion for Dummys?

                                                                    Cheers,
                                                                    Erich