[Tfug] VMWare, dotnet, and C# oh my!

Jason Marcantonio tfug@tfug.org
Fri Sep 6 09:44:01 2002

not surprising you had troubles with 2k and directX - that's a known 2k
problem, not really something to blame on vmware.

I'd be interested to hear how well the .NET studio runs within vmware. I
imagine your going to be OK, given studio 5 and 6 were cool.

The differences in how the .NET framework replaces, modifies, and extends
the windows API should prove to be interesting within vmware.

JasonM

-----Original Message-----
From: tfug-admin@tfug.org [mailto:tfug-admin@tfug.org]On Behalf Of Ray
Leyva
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 9:24 AM
To: tfug@tfug.org
Subject: Re: [Tfug] VMWare, dotnet, and C# oh my!

Don't know about C#, or .net ...

but vmware + w2k ... has some "problems" with DirectX ... specifically
running games that use it ;-).

That's as much as I know.

For what it's worth the VMWare environment has worked flawlessly for me to
work on developing windows apps on Win95, Win98, WinNT, Win2k.  Haven't
tried Xp, or the new .NET ... but in all the others I've used Visual Studio
5 and 6 w/o issues.

Ray