[Tfug] hd info

Robert D Zeigler tfug@tfug.org
Sun Sep 1 02:24:01 2002

Thanks for the help. One more question:

I have 2 ide drives, one on hda and the other on hdc. Everything is fine
on hda. Hdc, however, is another story. It used to be partitioned. To make
a long story short, I had to repartition it. (Don't ask... it really is a
very long story). However, for some reason, it's like the kernel is still
looking at the old partion table (even after a reboot). what should be a
10 gig partition hdc1, for instance, is showing up as a 50 meg partition
(hdc1 -used- to be a partition for /boot.). Any clues as to how to
convince linux that the partition really -is- 10 gigs, and not 50 megs? ;)
Thanks.

Robert Zeigler